View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 05, 2005, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

Would you...

1-Eject a coach for throwing a bat against a bat rack (filled with other bats) as a reaction to an error by his players?

2-Eject a coach for throwing a bat against a bat rack as a reaction to a call he disagreed with?

3-Eject a coach for bringing a rulebook on the field, wanting to "discuss" a rule interpretation?

4-Stop to answer a parent's question after the game? Would it matter how they approached you?

5-Ever not wear a chest protector?

1-Maybe. Part would depend on the ages involved. In adult ball, I'd tend to let the players handle that off the field stuff. In kid's ball, that coach is history & should be dismissed from coaching.

2-Yes. That's directed at me or one of my partners & is not OK at any level.

3-Probably. If the coach immediately puts the book away when I tell him to, I'd probably let it go. If not, the purpose is to show up the umpiring crew - Bye. Disagree with the ruling, OK, time for a protest.

4-Yes, if approached in a non-aggressive manner. The other night, I even took the time to speak with a player I had ejected earlier - because the approach was done in a very non-aggressive manner.

5-No, that's going to lead to something that's not the kind of pain I like (grin).