View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 03, 2005, 07:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityRef
As a High School and grammer school coach I coach want my players to be vocal. I want them to scream 'Ball!' 'Dead!' and other things when playing defense. If someone calls a T for this during one of our games, be prepared to T me up at least once maybe twice, not to mention a letter to your assinger.

Seriously guys, keep your ears closed and your eyes open and just call the game!
Coach WindyCityRef, I understand what you say and I can assure you that +99.9% of us are not calling a T or even saying anything to a kid no matter how many times they say ballballballball deaddeaddeaddead. However, just because a coach teaches something doesn't always mean it's right. I've had kids pourposly run oob on an inbounds play and when I had the first oppotunity to let them know that there's a rule against it and it was even a POE last year, they usually tell me that how their coach tells them to do it.
I understand what you're saying, do you understand what I'm saying?

BTW, any HS coach who threatens a letter to my assignor is going to get a chance to start their letter early and he'll also have to explain my report to the state.