View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 03, 2005, 05:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SF
We've had a number of issues come up in league play the past couple of weeks (every year, as the weather gets hotter, so do the coaches) that there's been quite a bit of disagreement and discussion about. Just wondering what everyone else thinks...

Would you...

Eject a coach for throwing a bat against a bat rack (filled with other bats) as a reaction to an error by his players?

YES, Throwiwng a bat can cause a serious injury. There is never an excuse for this and it deserves an ejection. No warnings for this one.

Eject a coach for throwing a bat against a bat rack as a reaction to a call he disagreed with?

YES

Eject a coach for bringing a rulebook on the field, wanting to "discuss" a rule interpretation?

Maybe, depends on how he/she approaches me and what he/she does after I tell him/her to put the book away.

Stop to answer a parent's question after the game? Would it matter how they approached you?

If they approached in a friendly way and had a rules question I would stop and answer them in a polite manor. If they wanted me to discuss a judgement call in the game, I would excuse myself and not discuss anything further with them.

Ever not wear a chest protector?

I always wear my Honigs. Love it. After all, it is "MY" body that is being protected