View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 01, 2005, 06:43am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
I've heard boys yelling "dead, dead, dead" after the dribble has ended. I think that is communication.

I don't know what yelling "ball, ball, ball" communicates. I wouldn't call a T for this. I think the worst thing I would do is ask her "can you stop saying that for no reason?" She would tell her teammates then the coach and the coach would ask why she can't say it. It wouldn't stop it but I think it would slow it down temporarily that game.
This is annoying but it isn't the only thing. Why do girls think they can just reach/grab for the ball no matter where it is on THE ENTIRE COURT? Of course this causes about 20 jump balls a game. Also, why do girls twist the top (straps or shoulder area) of their jerseys? If they all want thin straps why doesn't the school just buy them that way?
I hear ya. Girl are the worst to call, even over little kids just learning I think. I called some rec ball recently and the 2 girls High school aged games had more physical contact than a WWE wrestling match. The 4 little kids games were a breeze.

I admit the ball ball ball yelling does get on my nerves, especially when it always seems to be that girl with the higher pitched voice. Gives me a headache. I would not say anything unless the opposing coach complains. Then I would tell the girl to stop and tell her it borders on a USC call. Put enough fear into her to stop it tho I never would.

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.