View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 27, 2001, 03:12pm
Official Forum Member

$.99 Whoppers!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Roden
I don't know that you can cool down properly in the car. Probably the best thing to do is park on the far side of the parking lot where you have a long walk to your car. In my younger days when I was running cross country in college, we would often jog around the course after a race as our cool down. Obviously this isn't doable in your situation but by walking across the lot you get the same effect.
Rainmaker
Running races that last more than 10 hr. kinda makes warm-downs a moot point. Seems that runners though are about the only athletes that seem to take warm-downs seriously. Even the ball players don't do much outside of shaking hands, cutting down nets, kicking the bleacher, yelling all kinds of things, and hugging the cheerleaders.
I spoke with some of my running buddies at today's jog. Although 2 of them are constantly surfing the net for all kinds of information, none of them recall any canned excercise programs, like those provided by the airlines. But they concurred with what I said earlier and with what Tim said above.
I suppose that the bottom line is: Do whatever you can before you have to take that long trip home. I personally try to walk to the nearest Carl's Jr., Burger King, or Taco Bell and try to eat something really healthy!

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he could be gone every weekend.