Thread: 2 things
View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 29, 2005, 11:17am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to TBBlue
I disagree on the assessments of C.B. Bucknor. I have seen a number of games he has worked this year, and he has had an inordinate amount of bangers on the bases. I've seen around 5-7 of these calls and he has nailed every one of them. The call on Sheffield Sunday was a good call IMO. Tossing Shef for slamming his helmet at C.B.'s feet was even better. No matter what Joe Morgan says, you don't slam your helmet at the umpire's feet and remain in the game. In prior years, I might agree with CB not being so great, but he has improved significantly this year in the games I have watched.

Now for some controversy, I believe Internet Umpires' Golden Boy, McClelland has had some issues this year that maybe he could have avoided but chose to go ahead and be the game instead of just arbitrating the game. Can't give specifics, just my opinion while channel surfing through the MLB package.

That being said, to reiterate a post Tee made a few weeks ago when someone questioned a College umpire's mechanics, these guys are working Yankees/Mets or Braves/Angels and my Big League (L.L. for HS kids) schedule includes Gordon's Gizmos v. Larry's Lunatics. Hmmm...I guess I will give them the benefit of the doubt.