View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 27, 2005, 05:10pm
Official Forum Member

It should have cleared up this rule, but not for all. I was coaching a 14U team this weekend (I know the dark side). Had a play at first where fielder was pulled into runners path. Runner slowed down 1-2 steps shy of the bag due to fielders position and actually contacted the fielder just prior to the ball being caught. BU rung her up. I (coaching 1st base so I think I had a decent angle on the play) asked BU, "sir, didn't my runner slow down due to the fielders position prior to her having the ball?" His response "She was going after the throw." I said, " so she didn't have position of the ball when my runner slowed down?", "she was going after the ball" me "If she slowed down and the fielder didn't have position of the ball that is by rule OBS" BU "She was going after the ball no OBS" I said "OK" as there was a "No protest, all umpires decisions are final" policy in this tournament. So Charlie I agree the wording change SHOULD have made it easier to enforce, but some aren't quiet to the point of actually enforcing it yet!!!!!!!