View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 25, 2005, 02:55pm
Official Forum Member

In a junior game (17-20) close game 1 -0 in the 7th inning, I'm BU, r3 only 1 out, hit to second, he throws home and had runner by a couple of steps, Runner slides, huge cloud of dust in PU eyes, but the catcher dropped the ball. Partner has great timming, but doesn't ask to see the ball, and calls out. The offended team goes nuts, coach comes down to argue and asks my partner to seek help. He chooses to. (P.S. made the score 2-0 not 1-1 not that it effected anything)

He comes to me and says did you see the drop, I say do you want me to answer, he says yes, so I tell him. I then said it's your call, we're going to get S%%% either way, but I vote we make it right, he says yup me too, and changes his call, brief arguement from the newly offended team, to which my partner simply says, "I had to make it right" No more problems, and it was not brought up the rest of the game.

We have often been told never change a call, you'll hear b%$$$$ing for the rest of the game, Check this call, check that call. What is your opinion on A) my partners choice, B) my answer, C) changing any call ever, and D) has changing a call ever resulted in a deteriorated game?

Personally, I am glad we changed the call, we made the right choice in this instant. I think we would have had way more problems were we to have left the call as is.