View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 25, 2005, 10:57am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ASA/NYSSOBLUE
[QUOTE]Originally posted by noobie
Quote:
[i]Originally posted by S
Personally, as PU, I feel like I'm giving the out counts far too often ... as in once each batter change. That's probably pushing the bounds into coaching, so I'm working on reducing that frequency. In local P&R games, nobody seems to object ... it just feels wrong, so it probably is.

Ya know, I can read the rule book all day, and I can know what it says inside and out. Until I get a chance to apply this to real life, it's all trivia. The stuff for which there are no rules -- like "don't coach" -- is much harder to learn. Clinics help, but they're sometimes more opinion and "what works for the clinician". All tips help. I love them. Thanks!
On the mens rec level, I usually, very sotto voce remind the catcher/batter the out...usually the catcher is screaming it anyways..and the batter ALWAYS asks...so I feel I am just keeping the unnecessary covo down to a minimum..after any break which happens in the middle of an AB, I raise my hands/fingers for my partner....and anyone else paying attention...but they ask anyways...sigh....