View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 21, 2001, 04:38pm
Official Forum Member

Who's kidding who? LL is for the kids is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. It's for the parents, especially fathers, to live vicariously through their children. The same manager who cheats on MPR, blames the umps, because "they took the game away from the kids". I've seen managers and coaches scream and swear at their players. I've seen LL BOD's ignore blatant cheating, because one the Board was a manager. We live in Southern california, and when we complained To Western Regional, their response was, "It's a local matter". Wake up people, the local BOD is the problem. All they're interested in, is the post-season tournament. And since the advent of national television, it's gotten worse.

I'm not sniping as an outsider. I've been involved as an umpire, coach, manager, player agent, parent and grandparent, since 1956. My four sons played LL. My two grandsons played until they realized the cheating going on in the local league. Our area is growing rapidly. In the 13 years we've lived in this area, a new elementary school and a new middle school have opened. Another elementary school is on the board for the near future. Yet, less kids sign up, and even fewer return. And, it's not because of other things to do. We're in the middle of a desert.