View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 09, 2005, 10:33am
Official Forum Member

I was watching the game and went back and Tivo'ed the replay, frame by frame with my wife a couple of times. I don't think Tino got the plate with his lead foot. It looked to me like after his foot hit the catchers foot, it slide right in front of the plate without touching it. My wife thought that his toe might have caught the front corner of the plate on the first base side.

If two people watch the play frame by frame two or three times and can't agree, I think it is too close to call. (and for the record, I'm a Yankee fan)

All that being said, I agree with your comments about the umpires positioning. He seemed to close to me and should have had a better angle. He was behind the play too much, but atleast he leaned to his left to try and improve the angle. All that being said, I think he got the play right.

IMHO
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates