Quote:
Originally posted by DG
Quote:
Originally posted by David B
Quote:
Originally posted by DG
Quote:
Originally posted by tmp44
15-16 yr olds, FED rules, I'm BU. Team B (visitors) is up 7-2 going into the Bottom of the 5th. Team A has made a comeback and it's now 7-6 with 1 out. Team B brings in a new F1 who on first pitch throws a ball. On the pitch, I was in the C. As the pitcher gets the ball back from the catcher, he looks into the Team A dugout (3rd base line) and yells "Oh so we're going to start talking sh!t now!" I immediately called time and ejected F1. At no time did I hear anything come from Team A's dugout, and there had been no problems before this in the game. Team B HC didn't complain to me directly, but I heard him say later that it was one of the weakest ejections he had ever seen. Did I jump the gun here? If so, what should I have done? For you coaches out there, what would your perspective of this had been if you were 1) Team B coach and 2) Team A coach?
If it was loud enough for everyone to hear toss him and don't give it another thought.
As Steve said, this is big boys ball and you let them do some of these things.

There had to be something said to instigate it.

Simply stop it with a warning and play.

I'd hate to be playing in a game with all of the "rabbit ear" umpires I'm reading on this board.

Thanks
David
This ain't big boy ball, it's 15-16 year olds playing FED rules. These guys are old enough to play JV baseball and would not be allowed to do this in a high school game under FED rules. If they don't know this already they can learn in the summer.

The poster said he yelled to the dugout, and I said if if it was loud enough for all to hear toss him. Where does rabbit ears come into play?
I'm no candy-*** when it comes to ejections. I'm more than happy to oblige coaches and players who decide they don't want to stay in the game. I have had four ejections so far this year.

However, with no previous history, this doesn't rise to the level of an ejection for me. I'd address the issue, but I wouldn't toss him. He didn't use profanity towards me or my partner, or in any personal reference to anyone. I wouldn't toss a kid for yelling "****" when he swung and missed strike three either. There are bigger battles to choose from.