View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 08, 2005, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

Not really worth the reply, but I can't resist!

1. Just because you've played for 30 years and coached for 10 doesn't mean you know the rules.

2. Softball AIN'T Baseball...anyone who compares the two is an idiot.

3. Slapping is slapping, it's an attempt to hit the ball (as opposed to letting the ball hit the bat).

4. Swing through? Pardon my language, but what the hell are you talking about? If I'm trying to push an outside pitch to right field, am I to fully swing through? Guess in your world I bunted.

5. DP/Flex rule is great unless you don't know how it use it...then you're just stupid for not knowing how to use the rule to your advantage.

6. Yeah, in baseball no one every flinches during the hesitation, or misses second turning the double play, or umpires never call the just above the belt pitch a ball, or balks and it's never called, throwing at batters on purpose, or just about anything you can think of...yeah, baseball's perfect

7. Of players I know who wear facemasks...many have been wearing for years...they love it.

8. Skull caps were hated by many catchers in my area...they love the light-weight hockey masks with ventilation.

9. You never could obstruct a runner (i.e. block a base) without the ball...just no one ever called it...that's why organizations took out "about to receive" so that umpires would have the guts to call obstruction...but no one did...so they had to clarify what having the ball is (seems pretty obvious to me).

10. DO I need to say anything else?