View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 07, 2005, 11:08am
Official Forum Member

Very good answers..I see your reasons...

Question though..If a right handed batter tried the same slap/bunt from the right side of the plate...how many times who umpires call them out on the foul 2nd strike...

I been playing ball for 30 years and been coaching slap hitters over 10 years...Trust me, I know what it takes to develop and make a slapper hitter..Thus I also know the rules..

The rules of baseball/softball were written many years ago..
I feel if your are giong to have rules then you need to play by the rules...

Look at baseball: rarely do you see questionable calls..Only ball and strikes, and safe and outs...Why has baseball and GOLF been so strong of a sport, it is because they play and abide by the rules of the game...

Now look at softball: Every game you have questionable calls: From leaping, crow hopping, are you in the circle with runners on base attempting to take the next base, batter running out of the box, a slap or a bunt, oh my!!! the new DP flex rule what a joke for H.S. ball, being in the 3 foot running lane(always called differently)I remember when a catcher could wear a skull helmet(the good on days, no more blocking bases, face masks on helmets that most player hate, recertify the bats, balls, helmets, mask, gloves, boy oh boy the list goes on and on...I remember the good ole days when you could show up and play a game of softball..Not now...Can you just think of what the rules are going to be like 10 years from now...I can..

Pitchers wearing face guards.
All defensive players wearing heart guards.
All batters must wear a full catching gear when they bat.
No base running we are now playing a ghost runner..
Don't laugh look how much they have changed it in the past 10 years....

What does everyone else think??????