View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 05, 2005, 11:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by twest
My son's team was playing in a USSSA tournament this weekend. The umpires were being very nit-picky to begin with. Example, there was no base coach chalk line to indicate where he had to stand, but our coach got warned in 2 different innings rudely by the umpire. But when the hometown coach was out on the field standing in the same spots, nothing was said.

But, one of the board members (again, playing a hometown team) came to our dugout in the last inning as we were playing defense to tell the coach that he needed to put his count indicator away or else he would be ejected! We have 2 coaches keeping track with one, just in case! He said it was illegal, is that true? I've been to alot of games and seen alot of things, but this is way off the charts. We talked to the tournament director after the game was over and he was even surprised and apologized. I approached the man who rudely talked to our coach (my husband) and told him I wanted to see the set of rules that stated it was illegal. He didn't have any of course, but he said they go by 3 different sets of rules: USSSA, OSSAA (Oklahoma Secondary School Activities) and Major League. The tournament was advertised as a USSSA tournament, didn't know there were 2 other rules that we had to abide by also! I have searched all 3 sites and cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know? Or is this totally off the wall to you too?

Reply would be appreciated! Thanks...
I have never seen a coach with an indicator, and would not care if I did. I have never seen the word "indicator" in any rule book. Sounds like an overly official offical (OOO) to me.