Thread: Fighting
View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 01, 2005, 09:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
I'm going over old tests and making sure the answers are correct according to '05-'06 rules so that I can give them as review tests to new applicants in the Fall. These questions on fighting made me go hmmmmmmmm.

#1) A1 and B1 get into a confrontation which is quickly handled by the officials without any penalties being assessed. A6 and A7 leave the bench and come on the floor. Official charges one team foul to team A, one indirect technical foul to the coach and awards team B two FTs. Is the official correct?

You have to give a team foul for each team member that's DQ'd, right?

#2) A1 and B1 begin fighting during a live ball. Coach B and B6 run onto the floor. The coach was not beckoned by either official. Official DQ's A1, B1, B6, and Coach B, charges team A with one team foul, team B with three team fouls and awards team A four FTs and the ball OOB at the division line opposite the table. Is the official correct?

Four FTs? Is that two for having an uneven number of participants and two more for the coach?
Correct on both questions.

A team foul is charged for every direct technical foul, of which there are two in #1.

In #2, A1 and B1 are guilty of double technical fouls, so no FTs are shot for those two flagrant T's.