Old Thu May 26, 2005, 11:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by buddha69
Quote:
Originally posted by whiskers_ump
Ed,You were talking to them about the wrong player. The catcher is the one
that needed the talk.
I'm with Glen on this, the catcher is the one that needs the talking.

I also had a game like that but in a small age group Midgets (11-12). The catcher would catch the ball that would hit in front of the plate, but would not catch a ball that would come in the strike zone. Balls would get by her and runners where stealing left and right.

Coach after the game wants to speak her mind about the game. "My catcher said "You where telling her to catch the ball," I answer "YES! I did!". All I ask her is to catch the balls or the runners would steal and score. The game ended after the bottom of the third. They got run ruled on!!!

POINT FREAKIN BLANK!!! CATCH THE FREAKIN BALL!!!!!!!!!!
A few years ago,I was doing a 10u FP game and the catcher wasn't catching anything either. I must have took 15 pitches off of my arms and hands and thighs. I asked her if she would try a little harder to catch the ball (in a nice way)to which she told me that her coach stuck her back there since it was her time to catch. I waited until we were in between innings and I called the coach over and told her that I am doing the umpiring and I did not want catching duties also. I told her to either tell the girl to make an effort to catch the ball or get me another catcher. She got me another catcher. I guess she thought I would take it out on her team if the girl wasn't going to catch it which I wasn't going to do.