View Single Post
Old Wed May 25, 2005, 04:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AtlUmpSteve
Quote:
Originally posted by outathm
I guess I should mention that everyone on the defensive side was yelling that she missed first, that's what caused the throw to go to 1B. This was not my play just relaying an interesting situation and getting the info in bits and pieces.
Yeah, I guess you should. That totally changes the play you posted. First post, runner beat the throw and is safe, despite missing the bag.

Now, new play, you have a live ball appeal of a missed base before the runner returned; runner is out (and, BTW, no run can score if this is the 3rd out).
On the defensive side of what? If it wasn't the fielder with the ball, it still may not be a proper appeal. Of course, it isn't going to take much from F3 for me to acknowledge an appeal

I would still have to see the play by the defense. I would have to feel they threw the ball to F3 for the appeal and not as the routine late play on the BR.