View Single Post
Old Fri May 20, 2005, 06:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by scottk_61

I should have been more clear.
The NUS member pulled all of these bats with no regard to exposed rivets or not. Just pulled them all.
When we showed him between games that the problem could be easily rectified, then the bat model was allowed for use in the tournament.

Sorry, I was thinking what I was thinking and expecting you to understand what I wasn't saying.

Now, does that clear things up?
hehehe
Yeah, sure! Like you think you are going to get off that easy.

I had one of these bats last night and ran my hand over the top. If you go by the "letter" of the rule, that fact that you can see and feel the rivets make the bat illegal. The point that was originally made that these rivets will come out, means that the barrel cap is removable. That would be another point of ruling it illegal based on the new change this year.

However, in practicality, we know (or should know) that the rivets are supposed to be permanently in place for the purpose of meeting the rule and are supposed to be flush with the surface of the barrel, hence visual exposure becomes irrelevant to the purpose of the rule.

So, yes, you let the bat play, but Andersen really needs to be called to task on this issue to avoid problems in the future.