Thread: Bad partner
View Single Post
Old Wed May 18, 2005, 10:20am
Official Forum Member

I realize that once he called foul I couldn't do anything. The play when the ball hit the bag was so obvious to everyone that the play actually continued the way it was supposed to after he called foul. The batter ran to first and stayed there, R3 scored, R2 stayed at second and the third baseman fielded the ball, looked around and knew he had no play so tossed the ball back to the pitcher. I could have said wrong thats fair run counts batter/runner stays at first. This guy was required to pass a test this year before the season started. We also use evaluation cards that all probationary umpires are required to have filled out by their certified partners. This guy actually was stupid enough to give me one after the game. I am going to call our assigner about him and also tell him not to partner me up with him again. I guess the coaches didn't protest because it was just a modified game that really doesn't mean anything. I wanted to go up to both coaches after the game and tell them how sorry I was about the poor quality official we provided for them but I thought better of it and didn't. I give both coaches all the credit in the world. They could have been all over us but both acted like gentlemen all afternoon and I am thankful for that.