View Single Post
Old Mon May 09, 2005, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

Was flipping thru the TV this weekend and happened to catch an NBA playoff game....don't remember which one (They all seem to be the same).
Anyway , Player A misses a shot and thinks he gets fouled . He then throws his arms up in the air and you can see he says something to the ref . As he is whining Team B is fast breaking and scores a hoop....after they score Ref blows the T a good 3 or 4 seconds after he left the whiner in the backcurt and followed the play . So if you are keeping score at home Team B scores the basket and is awarded the tech shot, after they shoot the tech Team A is issued the ball (All is good so far)
The analyst says they do not withhold the whistle in NCAA and they will blow the whistle right away . Is this correct ? I don't think it is but I have been known to be wrong....just for clarity the announcer was not BILLY PACKER
I know in Fed rules there is a provison for the withheld whistle to not take away a scoring opportunity from the non-offending team....I just assumed this would be the same in NCAA ?