View Single Post
Old Sat May 07, 2005, 10:08pm
Official Forum Member

Fed game on Friday. I'm plate. Partner's field. Pregame conference is about done when I ask partner if he has anything to add. He says "I guess you all know about the double base rule." One coach says yes if you mean runner takes orange and fielder takes white (normal circumstances). Partner says "remember that the book says SHOULD use those bags (his emphasis). Coach doesn't understand the "should" emphasis and partner continues to say that the book uses the words "should use" and continues on saying how they need to understand that emphasis. I don't understand. Coach doesn't understand. But we move on and play the game with no problems.

The book doesn't say that and I have no idea what he was getting at. My question is was the pregame conference the time for me to say "I think your wrong" or should I let it go? I like this guy but every game he seems to have a twist on the rules that aren't true. I tried to bring it up between innings he said he knew he was right and I wasn't going to argue on the field.