View Single Post
Old Wed May 04, 2005, 06:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by South GA BBall Ref
Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
I have a charge or PC foul.

The defender did nothing but move laterally, which they can by rule when contact took place. I think this gets called a block many times, because we do not referee the defense or it would just be easy to call a block on this close call.

This is just my opinion. I think some will disagree.

Peace

I/m with JRut on this one. IMO, there was LGP and the appearance of the defender moving into the path of the shooter is nothing but his right foot being moved under his body to steady himself. Look and you will see the left foot is planted squarely. Although I must admit is is a close one, but I got a "headache" (PC) and going the other way with it.
There was not only the appearance of the movement...there was movement. Ignore the feet. Look at the torso. There are several reference points that can be used to see that the torso is still moving laterally after the shooter jumped. If it weren't, the defender would have fallen on his side since his stance was not perpendicular to the floor....his center of gravity was have been outside his feet...a sure recipie for a fall.