View Single Post
Old Wed May 04, 2005, 08:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mcrowder
I've had this happen exactly once - on a bunt fielded directly on the plate. I simply stood there pointing at fair ground waiting for action. F2 even threw the ball back to F1. Took about 7-8 seconds before anyone did anything, and the first action must have been whispered from 1BC to R1 on first. I could see 1BC trying to get batter's attention. Finally did - F1 still oblivious. Safe at 1st and 2nd.
Thank you everyone, for the replies. It sounds like I was wrong ( which I was sure I was ), and should have just waited them out. It was quite ugly. 1st time it ever happened to me, but I will be prepared for it next time to be sure.

mc - my question to you would then be in your situation, if F1 has the ball in the circle, can R1 still advance to 2nd if B/R goes to 1st on the fair ball call? Obviously it is still a live fair ball. Does anything prevent R1 from advancing even though F1 has the ball in the 8ft. circle?

Again, thanks to all for the feedback. Good point about an explosion if ( when ) I verbalize
" Fair Ball ".

Oh by the way, I think my mechanics were wrong too. I was on the 1st base side of the plate ( right handed batter ) and I thought I was out of the way for the play to progress. Should I have been on the 3rd base side to make this call?
Thanks.
Sheffield Lake, Ohio