Thread: Wrist bands...
View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 29, 2005, 03:48pm
Do not give a damn!!

Talking Let me stop you right there!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by agmattbballref

Thanks JRut...Now, that makes a lot more sense than what my association is telling me to include my assignor and rule interpeter... I appreciate you giving me the beneift of your wisdom and experience... this is the way I have felt and I hoped that others saw it the same. When someone of your prestige agrees... I think that I am doing something right....Thanks, again
I am just an average official that has had some lower level success and hold some positions in my area. I am just sharing "my opinion" and nothing else. I do not speak for anyone other than myself. If you have people that are telling you to do something, those are the people you need to listen to. I am in no way going to hold you back or give you an opportunity in officiating. I just think such a ruling does not have anything to do with the game. I have had no one where I live make that kind of issue or even raise that issue where I live. That does not mean your area cannot be different. Ultimately you are going to have to live with the officials you are around. Do not listen to me or apply my personal philosophy if that is in conflict with the people you deal with. I just personally think it is silly to worry about wear these things are worn, when manufacturers are fully aware of how these things are used and the style that is expressed across the country. This is like when the rule was in place about what logo could be on the socks. It was very hard to control and even harder to convince teams to totally comply. It also has nothing to do with the game. I appreciate the kind words, but my word is only going to go so far.

Peace