Thread: Starting a game
View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 22, 2005, 10:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tskill
Am looking for opinions on how to handle the following situation:

Background: High School game, NFHS rules, game time start is 4:30pm. Show up at 4:15pm on the field to inspect bats and helmets. Home team is finishing infield, visiting team is warming up on the sidelines. At 4:25pm have the pregame conference, we finish and it is now 4:30pm the scheduled start of the game.

The visiting team coach comes up to me and says hey, I haven't had a chance to take infield or have my team warm up.

My question is what would you say to the coach to resolve this? And does it matter at all if the Home coach doesn't have a problem with delaying the start to have the visiting team take infield practice? Does that even matter?

Looking for anyone's thoughts on this situation.
It is generally accepted in my association that if the visitor's bus is late, we will give them the time they need to warmup and delay the game time. If I got on the field at 4:15, one of the first things I am interested in, before helmets and bats, is the status of warmups, who has done what. Pregame can be late, but I don't like to have it until everyone is ready to go.