View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 22, 2005, 05:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by gostars
I am working a spring league game on Monday. We will be working 3 person. I just finished my first season and have never worked 3 person before. Do any of you have some tips for someone who is just learning 3 person?
Basic stuff: when at C resist the urge to haul @ss to new L position when the ball turns over. If (when ) you do you'll have 2 leads, not good. Remember: if you're C take your time and stop at the FT line extended. I might add if you're C you are responsible for everything that happens at midcourt on transition, so slow down & do not be afraid to take a foul on the other side of the court. It's yours! This is more advanced but if you keep it in mind you won't run all the way down & double the L.

As a newbie don't worry too much about rotations from L. When at C&T keep the L in your line of sight so you don't miss a rotation. You could write a book about rotations but this is enough for newbies.

Switching on fouls: if you are not sure what to do then do not move. When the dust settles jog to where someone isn't. You'll look like you've been doing this since kindergarden.

Areas: As L resist the urge to call across the paint. As C be aggressive, especially on shots in the paint. T takes the dribbler coming out of his area on a drive all the way to the hoop.

Good luck, have fun, referee the game & don't be too concerned about the mechanics.