View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 20, 2001, 11:15pm
Official Forum Member

It went down by the right fielder looking to make a play at the plate. When he saw he couldn't throw him out he held the ball and then his teammates were yelling "throw to second" which he did. So the run definitely scored before the out.

On the last post on the score. The run had no bearing on the game. The league coordinator got a half-hearted (and understood) confirmation from the Assoc. Interpreter it was not worth creating a world of problems at the time. Even though you think you know the rule you always have doubts, especially when all hell breaks loose and experienced people tell you the opposite. When you think about it then you can process everything. I would have counted the run if there was any chance at there being a close game. I will see the Interpreter Sat. and will go over it with him then. Many assocs. and leagues do the support your partner first thing even though he had no business making the call. That is why I posted it in the first place, to get other opinions on how they would have handled it.

Ed H