View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 19, 2005, 11:29pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef

Wrong again. Virginia also had girls basketball in the fall and have now switched to the winter, so everyone in the country has not had "to deal with the same thing." It's a huge change for both states.

Good for them. My comment was very general, not really specific. I knew there was another state that played games in the fall and changed. It is not a problem for most states in the country. I do not see Michigan or Virginia as special places with special problems that cannot overcome working both girl's and boy's basketball in the very same season.

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
What you can't comprehende is that they've never had to deal with boys and girls playing during the same season. THEREFORE, THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH OFFIICALS TO SEND A SEPARATE CREW TO EVERY GAME. THAT'S WHY IT'S A PROBLEM!

Why is it that you have so much trouble understanding the simplest things?
The bottom line Tony, I am not asking you anything. I am asking those that live in Michigan. The last time I checked you do not live in Michigan. You do not even live in the Midwest. I have not read anything that states they do not have enough officials to work games. Other than assumptions and fears, nothing has been said that illustrates the lack of numbers to cover games. I am also asking because unless someone has some numbers that just jump out at you, not sure they are in any different position than most states. It seems to work in many other states, not sure what is going on in Michigan that is preventing them from doing the same thing.

Are we talking about fear or a reality? This is not something I am asking you at all Tony. Rolling Eyes

Peace