View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 19, 2005, 12:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Stat-Man
I don't want to be a nit-picker here, but actually, the seasons have not been switched yet.

The Supreme Court is to decide by month's end if they want to hear the case. If they don't, then it's expected that seasons will change for 05-06.

The MHSAA hs two season setups in place for 05-06 - The current setup and the setup required should the Surpreme Court decide not to hear the case (or should it eventually rule against the MHSAA).

#

With that said, different conferences are going to do different things should the seasons realign. Some conferences might play games on Saturdays, others might have boys and girls play opposite. The schools, through their conferences have the flexibility to do what they think suits them best.
Under the old arrangement, did refs ever work more than one game a night?

Juulie,
Outside of the big metropolitan areas (Detroit, Grand Rapids, other large areas), usually one game is worked per day.

Just got a fax from the MHSAA.
"The MHSAA has been notified that April 29h has been set as a date the US Supreme Court will conduct a conference regarding it's request to consider an appeal of the lower court rulings in the sports seasons litigation"
"It is likely that the Supreme Court will notify the MHSAA on May 2nd whether or not it will take the case"