Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra

The contact was not hard enough to floor the defender on that play, he sold the call which I consider a flop.

You have obviously never attended any camps or heard any big time officials talk about block/charge if you need to have contact through the torso explained to you.
Obviously not. The only camp I attend is the yearly half hour cyo training session, but I missed it last year. Which is why I got dropped to 4th grade games.

But thanks for your obviously well thought out reply.

And btw, that aint a flop in the 4th grade cyo leagues I work. Maybe it is up in the 5th grade leagues you work.

First, what's your problem? You always come out with some smarta$$ comment and go on the attack.

You don't like me or my opinion, IGNORE my posts.

As for explaining it, it's simple. A1 moves into B1's torso but stops on contact and turns away, automatic PC foul or do we need more?

Displacement is caused by contact that goes through a player's location, i.e. A1's shoulder goes past the spot where the front of B1's torso was at the point of contact.

In the video in question A1 stops at first contact and turns to his left to avoid B1, thus it was glancing contact and not contact through the defender.

B1 had LGP and took contact on the torso, but IMO that contact did not cause the amount of displacement B1 showed on the video. B1 hit the spot and loaded up to fall back on contact. There was no contact through the defender and no pushoff with the right arm to cause that fall.

B1 met the guidelines to draw a PC foul but he still sold it, acted if you will, and IMO that is flopping. Without his "acting" I'm pretty sure we'd have seen a no-call on that play.