View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 14, 2005, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

OK, now that I got you thinking.....

the reason I asked the question is that I had seen 3 girls get hit in the same inning. I was a spectator on this day, but knew the rule definately existed for this league. I would say not a big deal if it was a young girl. It was a High School game and the girl could throw some heat. She just couldn't throw a strike with any consistancy. The team did have other pitchers as this girl was the third one. The others just couldn't throw with any speed and they had been pulled. The coach finally pulled this kid and put in the starter. The game only had 1 blue for some reason. I had never seen her before so I assumed she did not know of the rule. That's how I got to the point of asking how far the rule went.

My opinion is that a rule of some sort should be in place for safety reasons. Last year I watched an 8th grader who could throw like no one else I had seen in years. This year she is a starter for the High School Varsity team. I don't believe every girl she threw to would have quick enough reflexes to move should she get wild. If she would have hit someone it might have been more then just a painful bruise.