Thread: 3-man
View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 13, 2005, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ozzy6900
Quote:
Originally posted by scyguy
OZ, if I am U1 and I see U3 freeze, then I quickly treat it as if he went out on a fly. I button, and take runner into 2B. This appears to be a simple read.
Simple is it? Let's take it down.

1. You are U1, so you are going to go 2SF, watch the BR touch 1st. (because as U1, your eyes are on the BR all the way to the bag)

2. Now you realize the U3 froze, so with the BR runnning at full speed you are going button hook behind the BR and take this guy to 2nd? I don't even know young, in shape Minor League umpires that can do that.

3. Your UIC already saw the problem with U3 and reacted by going to 2nd base.

4. Your UIC left the plate and you released the BR by observng his touch of 1st. U1 now has to cover home!

Not as easy as it seems. Even when a mistake is made, the rotation must still be completed properly or the whole system breaks down. There is clockwise rotation and conterclockwise rotation and it all has to be completed or the crew is up $hit's creek without a paddle!

Like I said (and you are proving this with every post), the 3 man system can easily turn into a complete disaster! But Good Luck!
ok OZ humor me, what is 2SF? and why would I watch BR from plate to bag that is the UIC's responsibility. I pause, read U3 is froze, then react with the pivot.