Thread: coverage
View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 04:35pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

A: - Yes. (Wrong). NO! Yes. No.
B: - Are there three people in the world that can walk, talk, and chew gum, AND care about the NFHS Mechanics Manual? R2 only. BU has everthing. R1, R2... then, on a "cone" ball... PU can take R2 into 3rd if he TAGS UP.
C: - (editorial comment: "Huh??") Yes, taught right. So? No!

And a FINAL PLEA: PULLEEZZE, the only thing worse than adherence to the FED Mechanics book is this incredibly idiotic nomenclature of R3 on 1st and R2 on 3rd, and my HEAD is gonna explode. Jeez, Looeez, who cares when they got there. EVERYBODY understands that R1 is on 1st base (see the little 1, that's how we know, and R2 is on 2nd base (see the little 2 that is how we know, and R3 is on.. uh, wait, I think I know this.. OH YEAH! THIRD BASE.

Quote:
Originally posted by scyguy
Sit A: R1 at first, less than two outs, fly ball hit down right field line. PU's responsibility? I know we have catch/no catch, but we also have R1 advancing to third. Can you do both? If not, BU has runner into third and BR? So BU must watch R1 touch second and get into position to make a call at either third, second or first. Does PU then make sure BR touches first?

Sit B: R1 at second, fly ball in "V". BU lines up tag, NFHS says that PU takes play at third and BU any subsequent play at the plate. Now, I know PU has play at third when we have runners at first and second, but with a runner at second only? It makes more sense for BU to take runner into 3rd, with PU available for subsequent play at plate. Thoughts?

Sit C: R1 at second, R2 at first. I was taught that this would be a PU signaling "staying home". But lets say we have a base hit that allows R1 to score and R2 to advance to third. Were you guys trained as PU to move up and make call at third?