Thread: Balk again??
View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 10, 2005, 11:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PS2Man [w/ insertions by cbfoulds]
I love little trolls that try to take everything someone says out of context of what the conversation was about. Hate having your own words quoted back to you to refute your revisionist lies, huh? You cannot change your normal motion all of a sudden.Says who? Says what rule? Not the one you cited. For those that can think, that does not mean that your leg cannot move a little bit, or your kick is not as high at one point. Or doing a high leg kick one time and the next minute doing the slide step. But if you did not have a hitch in your motion all game long than you get a little hitch in your motion, you cannot do that. I have been umpire for some time and I do not see kids changing their motion purposely very often. When they do something like that it stands out like sour thumb. Obvious ain't a balk either. I am not talking about a minor change. I am talking about a major change. Not sure how old you are scaring the crap out of 50 but you might not remember Louis Tiant of the Boston Red Sox? His motion was ugly, but was apart of his normal motion. He had a hitch in his motion and he did it ever single time. If I have a pitcher that does the Luis Tiant motion and was pitching looked more like Randy Johnson all game long, I am balking his ***. You do not have to do that, but I will. I have been doing this over 20 years and I cannot think of any time that a kid did something that unusual and it was not balked. There must be a lot of incompetent umpires where you live. Now that is what I am doing. I really would like a very specific rule reference to back up your claim. Uh: "ain't no rule that prohibits that"? Just telling me I am wrong is not enough.
There are about 125 years of combined experience telling you you are wrong. NOBODY agrees with you. You have yet to cite a single Rule that actually says what you claim is "what the Rules say". You are saying that you are gonna do it your way come he11 or high water, so there, PPffftttth .....

And you are calling ME a troll?

Are you by chance related to a guy that posts as Fish on the NFHS site?

[Edited by cbfoulds on Apr 11th, 2005 at 01:00 AM]