Thread: Balk again??
View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 10, 2005, 11:10pm
Official Forum Member

Really?

Quote:
Originally posted by PS2Man

I never said he had to deliver the ball the same way. But the pitcher cannot just do something that is completely different than their normal behavior either. Now that is what the rulebook says. Take it or leave it.
That so?
Quote:
Also Originally posted by PS2Man

@3:26 pm
BALK!
Was this motion consistent with his normal motion to the plate? If not, I have a balk

@4:52 pm
... You cannot just change your motion....

@5:55 pm
...The rulebook uses the word habitual as their description of what the pitcher can do. All that means is their movement has to be part of their regular or normal motion. If that movement is not normal, then you can call a balk....

@6:30pm
...If the motion is not a normal part of the pitcher's motion, then it can be considered illegal. ...

@7:23pm
...The question is was that apart of his normal motion. If it was not, then it is a balk. That is all I am saying. ...
You just don't read so good, do you? Not even your own stuff.

"Now that is what the rulebook says."
I'll ask again, tho' I don't really expect an answer: WHERE does the rulebook say that? In this reality, it actually doesn't, you know.

"Take it or leave it"

I'll leave it. Taking advice from someone who is illiterate, pathologically incapable of admitting error, stupid AND dishonest [Nah! I never said that he had to pitch the same way every time!] is always a bad idea.

PS2Man - 1 year's experience, repeated 22 times. It would be sad if it wasn't so freeking annoying.