Thread: Balk again??
View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 10, 2005, 07:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PS2Man
I am not wrong at all. You just have a different view of the play than I do. You have yet to deal with the rule other than say it does not apply. That does not make any since from my standpoint. The rules say the motion must be normal. The motion does not sound normal. If the motion is not normal, it is a balk.

If you are going to have a protest, you have to give more information than it is wrong.
Geez, man, how hard is it:
WHAT PART OF THAT RULE DO YOU SAY "applies"?

Ya' gotta actually read the words, IN THE ORDER THEY ARE WRITTEN, and figger out what they say.

WHERE in the rule you cite does it actually SAY "If the motion is not normal, it is a balk"? I'll help you out here: NOWHERE!!

Quoth you: "The rules say the motion must be normal"
Me: WHERE? Not in the rule you quoted. Read it: what words say THAT? That rule says, in fairly plain english, that it is a balk:
1. IF pitcher makes any motion as he habitually makes to pitch [Tony's F1 DID NOT make his "habitual" delivery}; AND
2. IF F1 THEN fails to deliver a pitch in an uninterrupted motion.[Tony's guy delivered, uninterrupted is an open question]

There is not a damn word in that rule that says that F1 can only use his "habitual" motion; nor a single word that even suggests that "the motion must be normal", or it's a balk.

Have you noticed that no-one agrees with you? Tony called the balk, but wasn't sure, and came here; and I'll bet you that, even if he still thinks that this F1 balked [and maybe he did, BECAUSE HE "PAUSED"], he doesn't agree [now, at least] with the BS you've been posting about "he has to use his usual motion".