View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 13, 2001, 12:06am
Official Forum Member

Re: Oops!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mick
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by abergman
[B]Happened tonight in a Little League Game I was watching. I had the next game. Anyway, batter squares around to bunt and does so and the ball bounces off the ground and hits the bat again. The plate umpire call the batter out because of rule 6.05 (g) that a bat hits a ball a second time in fair territory. What would you have called here? Is there a difference that the ball hit the bat or the bat hit the ball. P.S. The ball was is in fair territory at the time of the second hit.

__________________________________________________ _______

Answer:

I believe in Fed he would be out if he intentionally contacts the ball a second time 8-4-1-d. If it was an accident it would be a foul ball.

Why we are on the topic, what would you call if the batter threw the bat at the ball making contact and advancing to first for a single. According to 3-1-m,penalty, you would eject him. But it doesn't say that you call him out. So I imagine that you would let the hit stand unless there is a rule about having to have the bat in at least one hand at the time of contact for a hit to be permitted.

Greg
__________________________________________________ _________