Thread: Great Game!
View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 05, 2005, 09:43am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally posted by TriggerMN
I thought the no-call by Cahill in the 1st half on the potential PC foul by May was great. Defender obviously starting diving before any contact. Get up!

My favorite Packer quote from the night: "They haven't called moving screens yet, so they may as well keep setting them."

Inadvertently he made it sound like he knew the rule, but it was obvious that he didn't know moving screens are legal, as long as there is no contact.
When isolated the no-call on May was good. However there was a PC shortly after this with less or the same contact. The main difference was the Illinois player was shooting the ball and the contact occured. May took the time to lower his head and shoulder prior to going up for the shot. I think those two plays are too close together to have a whistle on one and not the other. I would have to see a replay so I can check it out again if the kid was sitting down prior to the contact. I'm not sure but I believe the C was on the same side as the camera so he saw what we saw.