View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 10, 2001, 11:20am
Michael Taylor

I had a simular thing happen last not in a men's league game. I was the PU with an inexperienced and unknown partner. Fly ball to center and the R1 went 3/4 to second. On the catch he had to hustle back to first which ended in a banger. I didn't go to first and I thought I heard my partner say he got him. Evidently so did the F3 because he rolled the ball across the infield which led to R1 going to second. I had gone up the line some and turned away from the play on the apparent out.

I knew it was getting ready to be ugly. Sure enough here comes the manager wanting to know who's call it is. I told it's the BU. He then ask why did he look at me. I didn't realize he had but to protect my partner I told him that some guys go up the line to cover BU's back but I chose not to and he was looking to make sure I hadn't so we didn't have a double call.

We kept the call under some heat and naturally he scored to put the other team up by a run. It ended up not making a difference but it made things ugly for an inning or so.