Thread: What do you say
View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 05:27pm
Official Forum Member

Because of where this thread has gone, y'all might think I'm making it up, but I tell them:

Make the call that you see. If you see an infield fly and I don't, then go ahead and call it. If I come to you on any check swings, give me what you got. Even if you are on the "wrong side", just give me what you got. If you have a question about a swipe tag or a pulled foot, then ask me and I will answer the question you ask. Did she pull her foot will get a "yes" or "no" answer so you can make your call. If there is something you want to talk about in private, then call time and come to me. If a coach has a question for you and comes ask you, I will not get in the middle of it unless you ask me something. If the coach asks me, then I expect you to do the same. I will let you know if I have a question.

By the way, the above is not just for new folks, it is for anyone that I do no call with regularly. For the new folks, if it is game time I just try to calm them down. I find a good way to get their mind off the jitters is to let them shine my base and plate shoes. Hey, it's the least I can do for them.