View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 30, 2005, 09:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to illiniwek8
Hello....I am wondering if anyone using yahoo or msn messenger would care to share their id to discuss issues such as in this forum. I have a few questions and would like to ask an experienced umpire who might have answers for me. I'll ask them here but thought yahoo messenger would work to if anyone uses it. illiniwek8 is my yahoo id.

1.) player catches a ball with one foot in dead ball territory.... he did not catch and then carry into dead ball territory.....is this a caught foul ball?

2.) shortstop is holding a runner on second and in a circular motion crosses in front of the bag and then in front of the runner while going back to his fielding position.....offensive coach went crazy and wanted obstruction on the shortstop....came out out to argue and made contact with base umpire...I was doing this game but told my friend who was the base umpire he should have tossed the coach when he made contact. I told him I did not think that the act of the shortstop was obstruction.

3.) I know that the UIC has responsibility to help out on illegal slide at second on a double play.....but...can the base umpire call this as well if he sees it? I was in this situation as the UIC and did not believe an illegal slide had happened. The coach went to argue with the base umpire and the base umpire I was working with told the coach it was my call. The coach then came to me inbetween innings to tell me I missed that call....I told him I did not have an illegal slide anyway.

Thanks for your input/response/answers.....illiniwek8 is my yahoo id.