View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 29, 2005, 12:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WestMichBlue
LH batter with running drag bunt down 1B line. 5’4” – F4 covering 1B. High-level catcher has already exhibited strong and accurate arm. When F2 fields ball about 1’ from line, B-R is about 15’ from 1B, completely in fair territory. You are PU, right on the line with same view as catcher. Assume that the calls are the same for most organizations, but let’s use ASA interpretations. What is your call:

A – F2 attempts to finesse throw just missing B-R, but F4 cannot pick up path of ball quick enough to make a catch.
Interference on the BR. Dead ball with BR out!

Quote:
B – F2 tries to put ball over the top of B-R, but only succeeds in sending it over the top of F4.
Interference on the BR. Dead ball with BR out!

Quote:
C – F2 raises her arm to throw, but gives up and does not throw.
Hmmmm.....HTBT. From what I am getting here, I am likely to allow play to continue.

Quote:
D – F2 makes a medium speed throw that hits B-R in the middle of the lower back. (In your mind the ball would not have reached 1B in flight due the low trajectory.)
Another HTBT, but, quite possibly I would have interference on the BR, dead ball and BR out.

Quote:
E – F2 hesitates, steps to the left to find a clear throwing lane and guns the ball to F4, but too late.
Interference on the BR. Dead ball and BR out.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.