View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 11:52pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Gilmore
Here are my questions -
Who was officiating this game? What conference was this crew from?
I did not catch the name of the officials so I do not know for sure. Officials at this level work multiple conference. It is not completely unusual for a single official to work games in multiple conferences (Big Ten, Conference USA, Horizon, Big 12 and ACC).

Quote:
Coach K and a few high profile coaches start working the refs as soon as the ball is tipped, does this make any difference?
They are all pretty high profile at this point of the game. Tom Izzo has won a national championship as well.

Quote:
Williams' 5th foul, the one where his arms were at his sides?
He cannot violate his vertical space. It does not matter where his arms were.

Quote:
My mother, who is a hs coach, asks while watching Villanova UNC, is there an anti ACC sentiment with some officials?
Yes, they all hate the ACC. How in the world do they win all those NC and get to the Final Four all the time?

Quote:
In the first half when Ewing picked off the alley opp and the wistle was blown, why was it blown, what was the call?
Some of us have a life, we have no idea.

Quote:
Is officiating as regional as we perceive it to be?
There are some mechanical difference between some conferences. But these are so minor most fans have no idea it would be a difference.

Quote:
I saw a thread about pay, My cousin plays in Northern Virgina little kids select leauge where the officials ref like 6 games in a row on a saturday afternoon and are horrible and don't have a badge patch thingy, how much do those refs get payed?
Read the site, that information is all over the place.

Quote:
About a month ago there was a Illinios Iowa game, if anybody saw it, that I have on tape, at about 9 minutes left in the first half, Greg Brunner got a long rebound at about the short corner, was punched, walked, pushed out of bounds, lost the ball, was tackled, got the ball back by shoving somebody and elbowing somebody, was elbowed, double dribbled, went up, was fouled, got the rebound, walked, 1 power/ crab dribble, shoved, walked, reverse lay up on the other side of the rim and was fouled, the wistle blew after all of this and the call was a walk. Now if anybody saw that game and knows that play, I'd like an officials point of view on it.
Who knows? We work games too.

Peace