View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 11:30pm
Official Forum Member

>>>After the Duke Michigan State game, I wanted to check few things on the officiating (which was horrible, granted I'm not a ref but the few high school coaches I've talked to agree, now nor are they officials).

If you come here to bash the officials, you're going to get creamed. The officiating was not horrible, depsite what you and your flunky HS coach friends might think.

>>>Here are my questions -
Who was officiating this game? What conference was this crew from?

They aren't a "crew" and they aren't from any particular conference. They are individually assigned by the NCAA.

>>>Even with fouling at the end to stop the clock and get the ball back, how could Duke have as many team fouls as Michigan St?

Because they fouled the same amount of times.

>>>The longest 4.2 seconds of all time? Another thread already answered this so thanks.

The clock wasn't properly started.

>>>The magic in and out put back by Williams? Another thread already answered that so thanks.

I bet you thought the call was horrible, didn't you?

>>>The make up call at the other end?

There was no makeup call.

>>>Coach K and a few high profile coaches start working the refs as soon as the ball is tipped, does this make any difference?

No.

>>>Williams' 5th foul, the one where his arms were at his sides?

What about it? He jumped forward.

>>>Billy Packer as is the majority of the CBS cast is clueless in all regards to the game of basketball, not just the rules, (I saw a post about that earlier) Jay Bilas is the only anouncer used by CBS who is tollerable.

No, Im afraid you're wrong there. He's fairly clueless too.

>>>My mother, who is a hs coach, asks while watching Villanova UNC, is there an anti ACC sentiment with some officials?

No. But that's a typical coach response.

>>>In the first half when Ewing picked off the alley opp and the wistle was blown, why was it blown, what was the call?

I don't recall the play.

>>>Love's foul on Paul Davis, where was the contact?

There was contact on the arm.

>>>The play where the shot clock was winding down and Ewing tipped the pass out of bounds, how could they even have considered that Ewing had full possession of the ball, thus warranting the the shot clock to be restarted? I know it didn't happen, but how could it even be talked about on the floor, I expect that crap from Packer, but not on the floor.

Who says that they did? Oh, Packer. Yeah right.

I'm sorry. That's all I can stand for one night.