View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 08:35pm
Official Forum Member

This is a strange play. The way it works is the dribbler dribbles hard toward the baseline. At about the point were the three point line touches the baseline the player leaps as far out of bounds as he can and while in the air passes the ball to the other side of the court where his teammate receives it and shoots a 3 point shot.

The thing that gets me is the team that uses this play can't execute it on their home court because there is not enough room for their player to jump, pass the ball around the cheerleaders,and avoid hitting the wall. However, when they go to the new schools in their area, there is plenty of room because the cheerleaders are set back much farther and there is much more room. The player who executes this play is a great athlete, getting between 6ft to 8ft off the baseline when he throws the pass across the court. He lands about 8ft out of bounds when he comes down. That is why I thought he was choosing to leave the court on his own, not just his momentum carrying him off. But as has been mentioned, I can see where the defender can do the same thing if he so desires. I have seen this team execute this play 4, 5, 6 times during a game.