View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 08:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick KY
Roaming Ump's response brings up a good point. If this crew was doing their job correctly, the clock would have stopped sooner, thus giving A's coaches a chance to make more appropriate substitutions under the circumstances. Is this a correctable error? If so, then I agree with letting A3 back in the game. The late measurement is an error on the part of the officials that cost A in this case. The L and LJ should have been more aware of down and distance and the need to stop clock for measurment or to move the chains.

The other side of that presents similar issues. What would have happened here had A sent out the punt unit? Would you let them bring them all back off again?
Great point Rick KY! IMO you need to look at the intent of the rule, and I don't think the intent was violated in the initial question, or in yours regarding thinking they were going to punt and then not having to.

I would like to know your opinions. I am going to let the extra TE, and the player he replaced exchange, and the punt team/regular offense also do so without a TO or the other situations mentioned in the rule book. What about you guys??