View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 25, 2005, 05:48pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy C & C meeting

It is for serious officials......and most serious officials concentrate on areas other than pre game conferences....areas such as correct calls at correct times...game managment, rules knowledge, advantage/disadvantage...

At the start a young official asked a question. Why didn't someone just tell him immediately that serious officials do not talk about such insignificant things? Of COURSE these are all more significant but they were not the subject.

Why is there an presumption that because one tries to make the best of a comparitively insignificant part of the game that the rest of his officiating lacks, and to the point of insults? Why wouldn't the assumption be that if one is serious about such a minor he must be serious about the whole package? Why is there offense taken at the idea that this meeting can be constructive?

I sure did not make the assumption that because the majority think the meeting is a waste that the rest of their game was lacking.

Please forgive me for using the word "I". It wasn't mean't to give the idea that I'm wonderful but just that a good C & C meeting is possible. I didn't mean to offend anyone, I'm truly sorry.