View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 23, 2005, 07:11pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark Padgett
First of all, (and I am not calling you a "first of all") his use of the term "for starters" simply means this is his first point. It is not a description of a "rookie".

Oops!

Second, he is challenging your statement that "Those officials are bad, as we all know" which is a direct quote from your first post in this thread. So your own arguement about representing everybody else can be used against you, since that is what you implied.

Is it really that hard to see I was trying to be funny? Probably it was not funny, or no more funnier than people attack my English.

Third, the NF backcourt rule is consistent with their policy of ruling that the last person a ball touched "caused" the ball to do whatever it does. This is the same theory used to determine possession on OOB plays. It would be silly to use this theory only some of the time. Either it's valid or it's not.

Finally.
My original point is NBA backcourt rules encourage more competition, while NCAA rules actually forbid competition, in that particular case. So I am wondering why NCAA do not want to change that? It seems to me that it would be a good rule experiment, just like they are experimenting "restrict area" under the baskets.