View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 23, 2005, 05:33pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
I think ysong is trying to say that he doesn't like the Fed and NCAA backcourt rule. Can we just cut him some slack, and address this issue? We know he's not a fanboy, because he's been posting here from an officials standpoint for several months. He also doesn't understand the NBA. But that's no surprise, is it? I think he might have worded it better, but then English isn't his first language, so let's ignore the twisted syntax and save our vituperation for TubbyRules and his siblings.

ysong -- The backcourt rule is convoluted and difficult, but it hasn't changed much in the last several years, and players just have to learn to work with it. I think it's just a matter of knowing it well enough to manage it. Also, the NBA has the best refs in the world. That's just a fact. I may not agree with this call, or that rule, but they do it the way they're supposed to, or they're done. So they've gotta be very, very good. I don't care much for NBA ball, myself, but I do know that the rules are quite different from Fed and NCAA, so it can be confusing to watch them. Mostly, I just don't.